1. The GDP growth for the 1st quarter of this fiscal stands at 9.3%. Agriculture grew by 3.8%, manufacturing by 11.9% and construction by 10.7%.
2. Inflation stands at 3.94%
1. Tata group to embark on a mega brand building exercise across US, UK and Singapore.
2. ITC to increase its rural market penetration from the current levels of 6450 kiosks to 20000 kiosks by the year 2012.
3. CavinKare has launched peanut candy bars and expanded its presence in the foods segment. This market is very large and estimated at around 150 crores in the TN region.
M & A
1. Holcim to increase stake in Gujarat Ambuja from 32.3% to 56.2%. It has agreed to purchase 3.9% stake from the promoters and the remaining 20% from the open market.
2. Riding on the infrastructure boom in India the PE (private equity) players are now targeting the cement industry.
3. SBI has decided to merge State Bank of Saurashtra, a wholly owned associate bank, with itself. (In terms of networth State Bank of Saurashtra is the smallest among the associate banks)
1. IBM opened a new global delivery center in Chennai. This is its 6th center in India. IBM India headcount now stands at 53000.
2. Leading IT services companies in India are now using higher utilization rates as a tool to counter the exchange rate risks. This is one measure that the companies can take to react to a stronger rupee
1. Which is the only Indian pharma company to be listed in the NYSE?
2. What is common between ACC, Goodlass Nerolac, Merind and Lakme
(PLEASE POST YOUR ANSWERS AS COMM)ENTS AND WITH YOUR NAMES PLEASE)